Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Österreich

I have been absent for a few weeks, but I haven't stopped thinking about new examples of Marketing Magik and search improvements.

I found a major failure on my part, with regards to German-speaking countries. Somehow I forgot to include Austria, Vienna and its adjectives in both English and in German.

When I searched for "Oesterreich", the German word for Austria, I only got one result. I searched for "Österreich" and got 3 results.




I searched for "oesterreicher", the German word for Austrian and got 21 results:




I searched for "Austria" and for "Austrian" and got 33 results and 15 results, respectively:



Then, when I searched for "Wien", the German word for Vienna, I only got 2 results:



The search for "Vienna" only yielded 8 results. I searched for "Viennese" and only got 8 results.



I decided to combine both the words for Austria, Austrian, Vienna and Viennese in German and in English:



After combining everything, I ended up with 58 results for all of these synonyms:



I then went on to make sure that Swiss, Switzerland, Schweiz, Schweizer and all of the other synonyms gave results on our site. This makes me wonder whether I have covered all of the areas where our products are produced or marketed.

No comments:

Post a Comment