Friday, August 31, 2012

Wendy's Fast Food Restaurants

On a recent trip to Canada, I noticed that Wendy's fast food restaurants has altered their logo for the Canadian market.

The American logo for Wendy's looks like this:

There is a picture of red-haired Wendy with pigtails, above the written "Wendy's" logo.

In Canada, the logo had been slightly altered:


The logo is almost the same, except for the maple leaf serving as the apostrophe in the word "Wendy's". The maple leaf indicates the Canadian flag, and thus, Canada. 

I couldn't believe that I had never noticed this slight change before. My family has made numerous trips to Canada over the years, and this was the first time that I had noticed the difference in the logos.

4 comments:

  1. I once heard a story that the maple leaf was a clever way of getting around the Canadian language laws that prevent you from having something that is only English in a logo. So they dropped the "Quality is our recipe" completely, because they'd also have to have it in French, and dropped the apostrophe, because apostrophes are not used in french. The maple leaf isn't actually punctuation, so they can get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very interesting! I have never heard that before, but I was so impressed when I noticed the maple leaf in Wendy's logo. As a Canadian, people so often compare you with being the same as an American. I loved the touch of adding the maple leaf to the logo, to signify that Wendy's was in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information described here is great. For fast food restaurants in Edmonton you can go through our website. Thanks and keep sharing such blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inforamative blog thanks for amazing service Wendy’s is an American fast-food restaurant that serves quality and good food. wendyswantstoknow becomes one of the best fast-food restaurants in recent times with the quality food it serves

    ReplyDelete