Wednesday, April 24, 2013

No Words

Sometimes you don't know what to say when something horrible has happened. You don't know what to say to others. Some of us try to bury ourselves in work and act like nothing has happened.

Last week was a terrible week. All of us kept on moving on, even after we had heard about the bombings at the Boston Marathon. We kept working after we heard about the devastation from an explosion at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas.

But, I think that it took a toll on a lot of us. I know that it has taken a toll on me.

What I hope that we can all cherish from these incidents is the basic goodness of people. I have loved  hearing the stories of people coming to help others in the aftermath of disaster. Hearing about first responders helping people in Boston and in West, Texas, has left me with knowledge that there are many good people in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment